MCC Graduates Report Improved Employment Outcomes After Training - NCVER Survey
We have recently received the results from the 2021 National Student Outcomes Survey, a national annual survey undertaken by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) into VET graduate outcomes and satisfaction from 2020.
Once again, we are extremely pleased with the outcomes reported by graduates of Macquarie Community College, especially during a year of constant disruption and adaptation due to COVID. Our students have overwhelmingly felt supported and satisfied as they transitioned to online learning.
Here are some highlights:
- 38.6% of graduates experienced improved employment outcomes after training - increasing over 8% from last year’s report;
- 29% of graduates who were already employed stated that they were employed in a better job after training - up a staggering 13.1% from last year;
- 67.6% were not employed before training. Of these, 24.2% were employed after training;
- 43.8% of graduates were employed after receiving training at MCC - up 9.8% from last year. 93.1% received at least one job-related benefit from the training.
Student Satisfaction with Training
- Satisfaction with the overall training received at MCC remains high at 91.3%;
- 89.2% would still recommend their training from MCC;
- 95.6% of graduates with support from training provider when shifted to on-line learning.
MCC is a High Performing Provider
These encouraging results showing high employment and satisfaction outcomes further affirm our purpose - to create and provide affordable and inclusive learning opportunities that meet the needs of individuals, organisations and communities.
Macquarie Community College was also recently recognised by the NSW Department of Education as a High Performing Provider for Smart and Skilled. This indicates that we adopt best practices as outlined in the NSW Quality Framework as well as continually scoring high on the NCVER surveys each year.
Fee-free* Nationally Accredited Training – Enrolling Now
Under the JobTrainer/Skilling for Recovery program, we currently have training places available for fee-free* nationally accredited training in Aged Care, Disability Care, Child Care, Business and Computing.
Find out more by calling us on 1300 845 888, or visit: https://www.macquarie.nsw.edu.au/skilling-for-recovery
Macquarie Community College have also recently launched a new program called SKILLS4You, fee-free* job training designed to get migrant women into caring careers (Aged Care, Disability Care, Child Care). Find out more at https://www.macquarie.nsw.edu.au/skills4you.
*Eligibility criteria apply.
Read more about our past NCVER Student Outcome Surveys
- 2020 Student Outcomes Survey: Great Employment Outcomes Reported by Students
- Students Benefit Greatly from Training with MCC
- Community Colleges a Stand Out (Again) in Reaching Vulnerable and Disadvantaged Students
- Delivering Great Graduate Outcomes...Again! 2019 NCVER Report