Term 2 Catalogue Out Now!
2019 is well underway - how are your new year's resolutions going? It's not too late to enrol in a short course and learn something new.
Are you planning an overseas trip and want to brush up on your foreign language skills? Or maybe you are having friends over and want to impress them with your cooking skills? Or perhaps you want to spruce up your home for Easter with a beautiful flower arrangement or newly restored piece of furniture. There is something for everyone with Macquarie Community College's range of leisure and self improvement courses.
Take a look at our full list of courses in the Term 2 Catalogue (link). We've got over 20 new courses to try. Here's a sample of what's new for Term 2:
- Your Perfect Makeup: Learn the top 10 steps of makeup application in this fun 3hr group workshop. Our professionals will help you design a perfect makeup look for your complexion and personality and teach you how to apply it on yourself! PLUS each student will receive a FREE GIFT - a 7-piece natural hair and makeup brush set!
- Dragon Boat Racing: This fast paced water sport has origins stemming back to China over 2000 years ago. You will learn racing technique, timing and the importance of teamwork. It is the ultimate team sport and you’ll be amazed how quickly your fitness levels improve after joining.
- Chair-Based Yoga and Meditation: Have you ever wanted to try yoga and meditation but weren’t keen about getting onto the floor to do it? This chair-based yoga class comprises poses that can be performed while seated in a chair, or while standing.
- Argentine Tango for Beginners: Come and learn the beautiful and romantic Argentine Tango! It’s a fantastic way to meet new people, have fun and keep fit. You will learn authentic Argentine Tango, a traditional social dance that originated in Buenos Aires and which has enthusiastic participants worldwide.
- Flamenco Guitar Introduction: Take your guitar skills to another level by learning the rhythmic and expressive style of flamenco guitar. This course is suitable for guitarists who already know bar chords and want to challenge themselves with the flamenco style of playing.
- Effective Time Management Skills: "Time is the most valuable asset you own". Do you find yourself overwhelmed and stressed with the all the tasks you need to complete? Are you always “busy” but not productive? Creating a Time Management Plan will actually give you more free time!
- Yin Yoga: Yin Yoga aims to target or ‘stress’ the deep connective tissues around the body that surround the muscles, joints, and organs. It is especially beneficial to anyone looking for a deep stretch class, seeking pain treatment, trauma recovery or to complement other dynamic forms of exercise.
- Introduction To Golf: If you are new to the game of golf or want to learn the basic fundamentals, then this course is perfect for you. Our PGA Professional Golf Coach will teach you all the essentials about golf to give you the confidence to take to the greens yourself.
- Successful Goal Setting: Have you set goals in the past but never achieved them? Is your negative ‘self talk’ sabotaging you from achieving your goals? By the end of the course, you will have learnt how to set realistic and achievable goals, whether it be for your personal or professional life and short term or long term.
- Wake Up Your Creative Brain: Have you ever sat before a blank page or canvas, wondering just how or where to start? Or maybe you have an artwork that just doesn’t seem right? This workshop will give you ways to overcome your “Artist's Block”. We can help you access and wake up the creative side of your brain and put your ideas onto paper!
- Workshop for Women - Discover Your Purpose: This workshop will help any woman that is at a life changing moment in her life or is ready to make a change in some areas of her life. You will learn how to turn life-changing and challenging moments to opportunities.
- New bushwalks: Join our expert bushwalking guide and discover new hikes this term. We will take you along an Indigenous Path, through to Fraser Brook, around glades, glens and grottos at the Empire Pass, as well as exploring Blue Gum Wilds. Try them all at a discounted rate with the Sunday Adventure Walks Package.
Find out more about all the courses on offer by visiting our website, downloading the Term 2 catalogue or calling us today on 1300 845 888.