Term 1 Catalogue for 2018 out now!
GET INTO SUMMER WITH FRIENDS AND OUR LATEST CATALOGUE
It’s that time of year again! Bushwalking, photography, fitness, dancing, singing, guitar, house and DIY, furniture restoration, creative writing, fashion, sewing, arts and craft, food and cooking, animal care, foreign languages, personal development, health and wellbeing, property and investment courses…get the picture?
We love your attitude to learning, and this summer’s catalogue is once again full to the brim with attention-grabbing courses. Show your friends the variety of courses available and make sure they promise to enrol with you! Better yet, purchase them a Christmas gift certificate! There’s nothing more fun than going on a new adventure with friends.
Take a look at our full list of summer self-improvement and leisure courses in the Term 1 Catalogue. Find out more about each course on our website by simply typing in the name of the course in our search bar at the top of the page.
Loads of new courses for 2018!
You’ll notice there are a good many new courses too! Find out more about these below:
- New bushwalks: This summer, our expert bushwalking guide Greg Williams is pleased to present four fabulous new half and full day bushwalks suitable for most fitness levels. You will visit secluded habitats, historic sites with artefacts, rich tree-lined gullies with waterfalls, cascading brooks with isolated freshwater pools. You’ll also see majestic rock formations from atop awe-inspiring lookouts. Join all four bush walks at a discounted price, or book events separately.
- Flamenco guitar: No matter what your level, take this course to unlock the challenging flamenco style. Special attention will be given to the strumming hand to achieve the unique sound for which the flamenco guitar is famous. You’ll also learn various techniques like arpeggio, rasgueados and pulgar.
- Scottish Country Dancing: For something lively, sociable, and both mentally and physically challenging, do this introductory course. You will learn the steps and formations that form the building blocks of Scottish Country Dancing. Singles or couples welcome.
- Solo Dance Exercise for Fun and Fitness: Ten styles for the price of one! You’ll discover the passion, beauty and mystery of belly dance, Samba, Solo Salsa, Latin Jazz, HipHop, Funk, R&B, Disco, Swing, Lambada, Merenge, Cumbia, Bachata, Cha Cha, Rumba, Solo Tango and more. Explore new ways to express yourself, improve your coordination, stamina and confidence. Learn easy to follow routines and how to freestyle. Great for all ages, body shapes and abilities.
- Calligraphy - Copperplace: This elegant 17th century style of writing is called Copperplate and uses a pointed nib and ink. You will learn not only how to write this beautiful script, but also learn some of its practical applications. This course is designed for beginners, and also caters for students wishing to refresh their skills.
- Airbnb - A Great Way to Earn Money for your Home: Earning money by renting your home out can be very affordable with little capital outlay. This comprehensive Airbnb course deals with all issues as they apply to responsible hosting, as well as how to furnish your spare rooms, manage breakfast and set the room rate.
- Financial Success for Millennials: This course will help Millennials achieve their personal and business goals by mastering the basics of tax, superannuation, investments, insurance, borrowing arrangements, balance sheets and profit and loss.
- Planning a Successful Retirement: Proper retirement planning is critical to ensure that you are able to achieve the goals you have for this phase of your life. This is a course suitable for those who want to plan their finances for retirement.
- Self-Managed Superfund Retirement Planning Tool: Is a Self Managed Super fund right for you? Get an unbiased view of Self Managed Super Funds (SMSFs) compared to the alternatives and learn the key strategies that make SMSFs successful in retirement planning.
- Small Business Accelerator: Being in business for yourself is rewarding and challenging. Many small businesses never realise their full potential. This course is designed to take your small business to new heights by learning new strategies to grow. This is a Small Business course suitable for those who have a business of less than 30 employees.
- Start Your Own Business: Many people dream of owning their own business. With proper planning you can make your dream a reality. This small business course is suitable for those who are considering starting their own business or have only launched in the last two years.
- Feng Shui Principles: This course is an introductory to Feng Shui, looking at the principles and methods of application. Learn how to do basic chart plotting and basic reading of a Flying Star chart for your own and your friends’ homes!
- Dog behaviour and communication: Learn valuable insights about animal behaviour, communication and general dog care skills. Your instructor Dr David Horan (Dr Dave) is a qualified veterinary surgeon with over 30 years clinical veterinary experience.
Macquarie Community College: Learning for life.