Learn better time management
Do you manage your time or does your time manage you? We are all busy and have the same 24 hours in a day to do everything. But why does it feel that some people can accomplish so much more in a day, whilst others struggle to know where to start?
Our Time Management coach, Christine Lee, has some great tips on how you can better manage your time and achieve more each day.
Be Ready to Change
Being aware that something needs to change is a great start to managing your time. If you keep doing the same thing over and over again, it will only give you the same result.
Now is the time to change and start planning to manage your time more effectively.
Try this Simple Exercise on Time Management
- 1. Write a list of all the things you want to accomplish today.
- 2. From that list create a 'NOT TO DO LIST', crossing out all the tasks that are not important. You may think everything on that list is important but it's esential to learn how to prioritise. Think about the tasks that can wait till tomorrow or even the day after.
- 3. Review the list until you have a realistic and achievable To Do List. Start small on the first day and have a shorter list at first. If you are able to complete the day's tasks, then you can make your list slightly longer the next day and so on until you work out the realistic length of tasks you can accomplish each day.
- 4. Keep doing this each day in order to form a habit.
Enjoy the benefits of better time management
- Accomplish more in a shorter period of time.
- Remove frustrations and stress associated with not being able to achieve tasks. This could improve your health, relationships, work performance, motivation, and more!
- Have more time to spend on your own hobbies and doing the things that make you happy and give you fulfilment.
- Gain more free time to spend with family and friends.
If you want to learn more about effective time management, come to Christine's Time Management Workshop. This fun, interactive workshop will be 'time well spent'!