Exciting News: Macquarie Community College Opens a New Campus in Epping
Above: Our new Campus in Epping
Macquarie Community College is excited to announce our additional new College campus in the heart of Epping is now open! We are thrilled to increase the options for additional high quality, community-based adult learning programs in the local community.
The new Epping site will be our major College campus for day-time programs in Northwest Sydney and provide us with an additional 11 training rooms.
The Carlingford site will remain our head office and shared teaching campus for the College and the growing Gateway Community High School. The popular programs Career Training (VET), English and short courses for Leisure and Self-Improvement will continue to be held at our other campus facilities (Ryde, Chatswood, Blacktown, Mount Druitt, and Richmond) and community venues across Northern and Western Sydney.
Macquarie Community College Board Chair Ian Maitland says the new site in Epping is another exciting chapter in serving the needs of the community through learning and connection with high quality, inclusive and affordable education and training programs for adults.
“We have chosen Epping because it is a significant transport hub in an area of significant growth, and it is in heartland of the local community we started in more than 70 years ago where we are very well known and respected.” he says.
Where is the new campus?
The new site in Epping is just a five-minute drive from our Carlingford campus and is on Level 3 of a modern low-rise building on the corner of Carlingford Road and Rawson Street at Epping.
It is easily accessed by public transport via the light rail Hills/Chatswood metro, the T9 heavy rail (City to Hornsby) and buses.
If you’re travelling by car, it’s close to the M2 and Epping Road.
It is also handy to the council car park, Coles, and the Boronia Grove community centre – home of our social enterprise café collaboration with the Darcy Street Project and Parramatta Council.
Have classes started?
A small number of classes have already started in Epping and the campus will be fully open in time for Term 3, which starts mid-July 2023.
Which courses will be offered where?
The Carlingford site will continue to be an active teaching campus of the College offering a range of courses across our program areas.
The location of all our classes across Carlingford and Epping from July 2023 onwards will be finalised with input from our trainers and community partners with the following in mind:
- Epping will be our new major campus in Northwest Sydney for most of our day-time classes in the Career Training (VET) and English Language programs.
- All evening and weekend short course Leisure and Self-improvement programs (as well as some day-time Leisure and Self-improvement classes) will continue to be held on-site at Carlingford.
- We will continue to program many of our Leisure and Self-improvement classes for dance, sport, food and beverage, visual arts etc in trusted community venues suited to program requirements as we have done for many decades.
When can I enrol?
You can now enrol for the following Term 2 classes in Epping:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing and Disability Specialisation)
- Basic Computer Skills for Work and Study
- English for Work and Study - Intermediate
- Everyday English Language - Intermediate
Keep an eye on your inbox, the website and across our social media channels for more information and updates.
For course specific information, please see the website for location updates. If you have any questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 1300 845 888.