Real-Life Childcare Training Courses
A lot of Sydney institutions offer affordable certificates in childcare. The difference is that Macquarie Community College do childcare courses better. They provide face to face, real-life classroom learning, because: how can online courses answer all of the questions that pop into your head while you’re learning new material? How can a computer provide the personal experiences and anecdotes that bring a course to life? How can a screen full of text give the right guidance as you practice your skills in simulated environments before going on work placement in the hopes that you will make a great impression on a prospective employer?
Only face to face trainers with decades of experience and a passion for the industry inspire students to become quality childcare professionals. Only a real-life educator in a real-life classroom can provide real-time individual support for you as a real-life learner. Only a trainer who knows you well can suggest career opportunities that suit you. Only classrooms of students form supportive learning groups and relationships that last a lifetime.
So now that you know that Macquarie Community College is right for you, how do you know if the course is right?
Do I really want to work in childcare?
Macquarie Community College encourages students to do courses in fields they are passionate about. Don’t do a childcare course unless you love children, because these are the career paths our Macquarie childcare qualifications will lead you down:
1. Childcare assistant
2. Childcare educator
3. Family daycare assistant or educator
4. Mobile childcare assistant or educator
Still not sure? Answer these questions to find out if child care is right for you:
1. Do you love everything about children? (Ok, maybe most things, but can you handle the rest?) As a childcare worker, you see the best and worst of behavior in children. Not just the giggles and cuddles, but the tantrums and hissy fits too. Not just the shiny clean faces, but the grubby ones too.
2. Are you patient, kind, positive and energetic? After a long day answering the myriad questions, cleaning up after games and activities, wiping hands and sniffly noses, and bringing out the best in young hearts and minds, you will be required to do it all again tomorrow. Reserves of patience, playfulness and stamina will prove invaluable!
3. Can you communicate well with children and adults? You will need to be friendly, supportive and sometimes firm with the children, babies and toddlers, but you will also be required to communicate confidently and effectively with coworkers, managers and parents.
4. Are you looking for a career that offers room for professional growth? The childcare industry has room for career advancement. You may start as a childcare assistant, but you could end up managing your own facility! You will also be required to complete regular professional development to stay up to date with changes in legislation and learning methods.
Of course, you aren’t expected to walk into a job fully prepared for work before you start your course! That’s what we help you with. We also help you develop communication skills and teach you tools to help you remain professional and engaged at all times.
What are my study options at Macquarie Community College?
If you’re still not 100% sure that childcare is for you, our introductory Pathway to Childcare course may be just the answer. It’s a great taste tester and it’s easy to transfer the credits from the pathways course to the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care.
Similarly, if you decide you want more leadership opportunities and go on to study the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you can transfer credits from your Certificate III course.
All courses include volunteer work placement in a child care environment.
Childcare courses available by Macquarie Community College?
If you’re interested in a childcare course, please visit the Macqaurie webiste or call Macquarie Community College on 1300 845 888.